The left wing of this triptych depicts the Virgin enthroned, with the Annunciation painted above it.

The right wing represents the Crucifixion and a scene from the Nativity. Angels appear in the spandrels of the arched tops on both sides. These paintings were originally attributed to Bernardo Daddi and formed part of a collection of 117 works belonging to the industrialist and engineer F.D. Lycett Green and bequeathed to York through the Art Fund, in 1955, in recognition of the remarkable efforts made after the Second World War by its curator to transform it into a gallery of international importance.

Provenance

F.D. Lycett Green.


York Art Gallery

Exhibition Square, York, North Yorkshire, YO1 7EW
01904 687 687
Website

Opening times

Mon - Sun, 10am - 5pm



Exhibitions at York Art Gallery

Back to top