The left wing of this triptych depicts the Virgin enthroned, with the Annunciation painted above it.
Two Wings of a Triptych by Puccio di Simone, From 1335
© York Art Gallery
- Oil on wood
- 67.9 x 19.6 cm
- Acquired in:
- Presented by:
- F D Lycett Green through The Art Fund
The right wing represents the Crucifixion and a scene from the Nativity. Angels appear in the spandrels of the arched tops on both sides. These paintings were originally attributed to Bernardo Daddi and formed part of a collection of 117 works belonging to the industrialist and engineer F.D. Lycett Green and bequeathed to York through the Art Fund, in 1955, in recognition of the remarkable efforts made after the Second World War by its curator to transform it into a gallery of international importance.
F.D. Lycett Green.