Interior of a Tavern by David Teniers II

Part of the Ernest Edward Cook collection.

Details

Medium:
Oil on panel
Dimensions:
50 x 75 cm
Acquired in:
1955
Bequeathed by:
Ernest Edward Cook through The Art Fund

Mr Cook bequeathed the entire contents of his house at No.1 Sion Hill Place, Bath to the Art Fund. The bequest comprised of over 150 paintings, tapestries, furniture, silver and porcelain and was distributed to nearly 100 UK galleries. The collection was formed between 1929-1939 and added to in 1953 at the Ashburnham sale.

Provenance

EE Cook.

Venue details

Shipley Art Gallery Prince Consort Road, GATESHEAD Tyne and Wear NE8 4JB 0191 477 1495 www.shipleyartgallery.org.uk

Entry details

Free to all

Tue – Fri, 10am – 4pm
Sat, 10am – 5pm

Share this article