The picture's primitive style suggests a date in the 1770s.

The large house had been built by a local squire, Robert Barber, in 1686. The picture is of topographical interest to Salisbury.


Sir Cecil Beaton

The Salisbury Museum

The King's House, 65 The Close, SALISBURY, Wiltshire, SP1 2EN
01722 332151

Opening times

Mon – Sat, 10am – 5pm Sun, 10am – 5pm (Easter until end October 2020) Bank Holidays, 10am – 5pm Closed 25 – 26 Dec, and 1 Jan

Exhibitions at The Salisbury Museum

Back to top