The picture's primitive style suggests a date in the 1770s.

The large house had been built by a local squire, Robert Barber, in 1686. The picture is of topographical interest to Salisbury.

Provenance

Sir Cecil Beaton


The Salisbury Museum

The King's House, 65 The Close, SALISBURY, Wiltshire, SP1 2EN
01722 332151
Website

Opening times

Mon – Sat, 10am – 5pm
Sun, 12pm – 5pm (27 May – 30 Sept)
Bank Holidays, 10am – 5pm

Closed 25 – 26 Dec, and 1 Jan



Exhibitions at The Salisbury Museum

Back to top