The Sala Grande of the Ridotto , Palazzo Dandolo, S Moise
- Art Funded
- 50 x 85 cm
- Estate of Judith E. Wilson
The Palazzo Dandolo closed in 1774 to prevent Venetian noblemen losing all their money to foreigners. The subject was treated by various artists, among them Pietro Longhi, Ca' Rezzonico and Tiepolo.
Eugène Piot, Paris; Agnew's; Miss Judith E Wilson, who died in 1960; Dame Edith Evans had a life interest in the picture which she relinquished in 1969.