A contemporary copy of an original (dated 1535) only known by an impression already the British Museum.

This woodcut was donated by Campbell Dodgson, who presented 10 works on paper to the British Museum through the Art Fund between 1907 and 1928 and bequeathed a large collection of etchings by William Strang in 1952.

Provenance

Formerly in the Lanna Collection, sold in 1909.


British Museum

Great Russell Street, London, WC1B 3DG
020 7323 8181
Website

Opening times

Daily, 10am – 5.30pm (Fri until 8.30pm)

Closed 24 – 26 Dec and 1 Jan