Venetian chandelier by Unknown Artist

The Royal Pump Room Museum.

Details

Medium:
Glass
Dimensions:
142 x 109 cm
Art Fund grant:
£170 ( Total: £170)
Acquired in:
1973
Vendor:
Irene E Kelly

which was opened in 1953, reflects the heyday of Harrogate, and its popularity as a Spa. The chandelier, which came from Allerton Park, Knaresborough, goes well with the attractive collection of Victoriana which is homed in the present octagonal building of 1842.

Provenance

Allerton Park, Knaresborough

Venue details

Mercer Art Gallery Swan Road, HARROGATE North Yorkshire HG1 2SA 01423 556 188 www.harrogate.gov.uk/museums

Entry details

Free to all

Apr – Oct

Tue – Sat and bank holiday Mon, 10am – 5pm (Sun from 2pm)

Nov – Mar

Tue – Sat and bank holiday Mon, 10am – 4pm (Sun from 2pm)

Share this article