Originally designed as a chimney piece by e.

w. Godwin & made by William Watt. Exhibited at Exposition Universelle, 1878, & decorated by Whistler. After the exposition the piece was transformed into a cabinet.

Provenance

Pickford Waller; by descent, Miss Sybil Waller.


Hunterian Art Gallery

University Of Glasgow, 82 Hillhead Street, Glasgow, Strathclyde, G12 8QQ
0141 330 4221
Website

Opening times

Hunterian Art Gallery Tue–Sat 10am–​5pm, Sun 11am–​4pm. Last entry to Mackintosh House 4.15pm (3.15pm Sun).

Back to top