This work belonged to the Herbert Powell Collection of British Watercolours which was first given to the National Art Collections Fund in 1929 to function as a Loan Collection for public institutions.

Dr Herbert Powell gave further additions to the Collection in 1936 and 1950. The Collection was finally permanently distributed amongst various public collections in 1968.

Provenance

Herbert Powell


Mercer Art Gallery

Swan Road, Harrogate, North Yorkshire, HG1 2SA
01423 556 188
Website

Opening times

Apr – Oct

Tue – Sat and bank holiday Mon, 10am – 5pm (Sun from 2pm)

Nov – Mar

Tue – Sat and bank holiday Mon, 10am – 4pm (Sun from 2pm)

Back to top