Clock in an ebony veneered case with gilt brass enrichments.

Made by John Stephen Rimbault who worked at Great St Andrew's Street, London between 1744 and 1788. This work was donated by Mr Rotch who presented over 130 works of art to the V&A, British Museum, Ashmolean and York City Art Gallery through the Art Fund between 1922 and 1960. Mr Rotch was an active member of the Art Fund.

Provenance

From the collection of Mr. C.D.Rotch




Exhibitions at V&A (Victoria and Albert Museum)

Back to top