A young, robed minstrel, playing cymbals amid fruit and foliage and flanked by narrow panels of stylised hop-vines.

The original cartoon was drawn in 1868 for the East Window of St.John's Church, Dalton, Yorkshire. Made by Morris & Company.

Provenance

Original location not known; formerly in a house in Banffshire, Scotland.


William Morris Gallery

Lloyd Park, Forest Road, Walthamstow, London, E17 4PP
020 8496 4391
Website

Opening times

Tues – Sun, 10am – 5pm



Exhibitions at William Morris Gallery

Back to top