The Fortress of Königstein: Courtyard with the Brunnenhaus Königstein
- Art Funded
- 132.1 x 236.2 cm
- David Carritt
In the middle distance is the Brunnenhaus, with the Magdalenenburg partly concealed to the left. Left foreground is a wing of the Georgenburg and on the right is part of the old Arsenal.
Painted for the Elector Augustus II of Saxony; sold by ?Lady Burlington Christie's 1778; Tempest, by descent in the Vane-Tempest family at Wynyard Park, Co Durham.