Illuminated manuscript of 215 leaves and 23 full page miniatures.

Contents include a calendar, Hours of the Virgin and Holy Ghost, penitiential psalms, the litany and the office for the dead beside other prayers and psalms.


The first owner was a lady in the Worcester area. May have belonged to the MacDougalls of Lorn; Stewart family of Grandtully until 1871; James Gibson Craig; bought by the 3rd Marquess of Bute in 1887.

National Library of Scotland

George IV Bridge, Edinburgh, Midlothian, EH1 1EW
0131 623 3700

Opening times

Please visit the National Library of Scotland website for full opening times.

Back to top