Parcel-gilt silver cup in its original wooden box.

The cup is inscribed with a tribute to Aubert, signed by the engraver, John Roper, and the foot is engraved.

Provenance

Presented in 1803 by the Local Islington Volunteers to Alexander Aubert, their Lieutenant-Colonel Commandant. William Blaise Luard; sold by Commander William Blaise Luard, OBE RN rtd, FIN at Sotheby's, Gleneagles, 26/9/71, lot 144.




Exhibitions at V&A (Victoria and Albert Museum)

Back to top