- Art Funded
- 73 x 79 x 33 cm
Arts and Crafts designer CR Ashbee set up The Guild and School of Handicraft in London in 1888.
His vision was to teach craft skills and make products which reflected his philosophy of honest, functional design. In 1902 the Guild moved to Chipping Campden, Gloucestershire, where this firescreen was made to Ashbee’s design. Court Barn Museum was opened in 2007 to collect and exhibit work by designers and craftspeople in the north Cotswolds, with products by The Guild of Handicraft forming the core of its collection.