1) Untitled from 'The London Suite' by John Walker.
1) Untitled; 2) Costers Dancing by Various artists, 1) 1982; 2) 1952
Walker © check with Bridgeman Art Library / Ceri Richards © check with DACS
- 1) screenprint; 2) original hand-painted acetate for the lithograph
- 1) 83.5 x 61 cm; 2) 45.9 x 61 cm
- Acquired in:
- Presented by:
- Malcolm and Christine Potter through The Art Fund
John Walker studied in Birmingham alongside Malcolm Potter, one of the donors. Birmingham plan to include this work in a future Walker retrospective exhibition. 2) Costers Dancing by Ceri Richards is the original work for the lithograph which is already in the Birmingham collection.
1) Malcolm and Christine Potter. 2) Curwen Archive Sale, 1988; Malcolm and Christine Potter.