1) Collection of Caughley porcelain; 2) Portrait of Dorothy Turner (nee Gallimore)
- Art Funded
- 1) various; 2) 77.5 x 64.3 cm
- Presented by
- Revd Richard Hayes through The Art Fund
2) Portrait of Dorothy Turner, first wife of Thomas Turner. Thomas Turner was a leading figure in the pottery industry. He became owner of the Salopian China Warehouse at Caughley and was credited for introducing a number of popular blue-and-white china patterns to England, including the 'Willow Pattern'.
1) Reverend Richard Hayes; 2) Turner family by descent to C Clifton Roberts, a descendant of Thomas Turner by his second wife, Mary Milner, 1919; Jemison family, USA, by 1962; Birmingham Museum of Art, Alabama, 1962; Sotheby's, New York, 2005; Rever