Jewish Betrothal Ring
- Art Funded
- Diameter: 3.8 cm
- Presented by
- Viscount Bearsted through The Art Fund
They were often given by the fiancé to his bride-to-be one year before the marriage and were normally too big to wear regularly. Inside the container which sits atop the ring is a Hebrew inscription which reads 'Good Luck.' The bezel has been styled after Romanesque synagogues.
Mrs Holbrooke, Bladon Castle; Christies, 1938.