1) Two figures by Arthur Boyd; 2) Woman with Apple by Robert Colquhoun (main illustration); 3) Monotype III by Prunella Clough.
1) Two figures; 2) Woman with Apple; 3) Monotype III by Various, 1) 1962; 2) 1949; 3) not dated
Colquhoun, © the artist's estate. All Rights Reserved 2010 / Bridgeman Art Library. Arthur Boyd © reproduced with permission of the Bundanon Trust
- 1) pen & ink on paper; 2-3) monotype
- 1) 24 x 28 cm; 2) 31 x 47 cm; 3) 30 x 30 cm
- Acquired in:
- Bequeathed by:
- Ann Forsdyke through The Art Fund
These works form part of a large bequest from Mrs Ann Forsdyke. Mrs Forsdyke worked at the Whitechapel Art Gallery in the 1950s as assistant to the Director Bryan Robertson. She forged relationships with a number of artists during this time who later came to be represented in her collection. The Whitworth are particularly pleased to acquire the two monotypes as they blur the boundary between drawing and printmaking.
Entry detailsFree to all
Daily, 10am - 5pm (Thu until 9pm)
Closed 24, 25, 26 Dec and 1 Jan