MacBryde lived in north west Essex from 1950 to 1954 but has hitherto only been represented in the Fry Art Gallery collection with one work jointly produced with Robert Colquhoun.

MacBryde is linked with his lifelong partner Colquhoun and both artists developed from an early association with the post war Neo-Romantic movement to Cubism. MacBryde became a key member of the Society of London Painter - Printmakers, which was formed in 1948 and helped to bring about the revival of artists lithographs. This work was acquired with the support of the Art Fund with the assistance of the Esmée Fairbairn Foundation.

Provenance

Millers Press, Lewes; Goldmark Gallery.


Fry Art Gallery

19a Castle Street, Saffron Walden, Essex, CB10 1BD
01799 513 779
Website

Opening times

The Fry Art Gallery re-opens on the 6th April 2019

Back to top