- Art Funded
- 3.3 x 2.6 cm
- Art Fund grant
- £600 (Total: £600)
- Department for Culture, Media and Sport
By 1256 Orford had borough status and by 1295, an Augustinian Friary. The cross has bulbous terminals and the central roundel has the letter 'A' on one side and a symbol, 'probably representing omega', on the other. The terminal above the inscribed letters has a loop 'made to accommodate a chain or cord'. This work was acquired with the support of the Art Fund with the assistance of the Esmée Fairbairn Foundation.
Discovered near Orford by a metal detectorist and declared Treasure in 2006.