Twitter museum content competition
By entering the free draw to win a £50 voucher to a museum gift shop (the “Free Draw”), you agree to be bound by these terms and conditions. Please read them carefully.
- Entry is open to residents of Great Britain, who are over the age of 18, except employees or contractors of the Art Fund or members of their immediate family, or anyone professionally connected with the Free Draw. We reserve the right to require any participant to prove that he or she is eligible to participate in the Free Draw.
- Multiple entries in the draw by commercial agents will not be accepted.
- You must comment on our Twitter post relating to the prize draw with a description of your favourite museum experience from the last 12 months and tag the museum who ran the experience.
How to enter
- The Free Draw will open at 10am on 24 May 2021 and close at 5pm on 2 June 2021.
- Entry to the Free Draw is free. No donation to the Art Fund is necessary to enter the Free Draw.
- To enter the Free Draw you must:
Have a public Twitter account
Follow @artfund on Twitter
Comment on @artfund Twitter post dated 24 May, with your favourite museum experience from the last year and tag the museum’s Twitter account.
- Entries submitted by any other means will not be accepted. Any illegible, incomplete or fraudulent entries will be rejected. Multiple entries or entries that are made fraudulently will be disqualified.
How the winner will be chosen
- 1 winner of the Free Draw and 1 reserve will be drawn at random within 3 working days from the closing date from all complete, eligible, properly submitted entries received before the closing date and time.
- Winner will be notified via direct message from @artfund Twitter account.
- In the event that contact with the winner cannot be made within a further 5 working days or the winner is found not to meet the entry requirements, we reserve the right to withdraw the prize entitlement and award the prize to the reserve drawn at the same time as the original winner.
Prize on offer
- There is 1 prize on offer, being a £50 gift voucher for use in a museum gift shop located in Great Britain, agreed between Art Fund and the winner of the competition.
- No cash alternative will be offered and prizes are not transferable. We reserve the right to substitute a prize for a prize of equivalent or greater value if this is necessary for reasons beyond our reasonable control.
- Failure to provide an address for delivery of prizes may result in forfeiture of a prize.
- We reserve the right to amend these terms and conditions without notice, by posting changes at the following webpage: artfund.org/pages/terms-and-conditions
- The Art Fund reserves the right to modify, cancel, terminate or suspend the Free Draw in whole or in part, at its sole discretion, if it believes the Free Draw is not capable of being conducted as specified within these Terms and Conditions or in the event of any other cause that is beyond the reasonable control of the Art Fund that could affect the normal course of the Free Draw.
- Neither the Art Fund nor any of its subsidiary or affiliated companies is responsible for any losses, failures or delays caused by events beyond its or their control such as (but not limited to) the acts or defaults of any supplier selected by the Art Fund to provide the prize that may lead to loss or damage of the prize in transit to the winner.
- Save where it has been negligent, the Art Fund will not be responsible for any damage, loss or injury resulting from participants' entry into the Free Draw or their acceptance and/or use of the prize, or for technical or other difficulties of any kind that may limit or prohibit their ability to participate in the Free Draw. Nothing in these terms and conditions shall in any way limit the Art Fund's liability for death or personal injury caused by its negligence or for any other matter where liability may not as a matter of law be limited.
- Any participant who enters or attempts to enter the Free Draw in a manner, which in the Art Fund's reasonable determination is contrary to these terms and conditions or by its nature is unjust to other entrants may be rejected from the Free Draw at the Art Fund's sole discretion. Furthermore, where such actions have significantly impaired the Free Draw, the Art Fund may, at its sole discretion, add further stages to the Free Draw as it deems reasonably necessary in order to resolve any problems arising as a result of such actions.
Publicity and Data Protection
- By entering the Free Draw you agree that if you win you may be required to take part in reasonable publicity relating to the Free Draw, including photographs and video, and consent to such participation. We may also use your name and a shortened version of your address (for example, John Smith from London) for promotional purposes on our website and elsewhere.
- For one month from the closing date of the Free Draw, details of the winner will be made available to participants and the public on request by sending a letter and stamped addressed envelope to Free Draw Winners Enquiries at the Art Fund of 2 Granary Square, King’s Cross, London, N1C 4BH. The Art Fund’s decisions in relation to the winner of the Free Draw are final and the Art Fund will not enter into any further correspondence with participants.
- The promoter of the Free Draw is the National Art Collections Fund (registered charity number 209174 (England and Wales) and SC038331 (Scotland)) of 2 Granary Square, King’s Cross, London, N1C 4BH and the Free Draw is governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of England and Wales and the Courts of England and Wales shall have sole jurisdiction over any dispute.