By entering the free draw to win the Picasso lithograph, Deux Clowns (the “Free Draw”), you agree to be bound by these terms and conditions. Please read them carefully.
1. Entry is open to residents of Great Britain, who are over the age of 18 (except employees or contractors of Art Fund or members of their immediate family, or anyone professionally connected with the Free Draw) who meet the entry requirements listed in paragraph 3 below. We reserve the right to require any participant to prove that he or she is eligible to participate in the Free Draw.
2. Multiple entries in the draw by commercial agents will not be accepted.
3. The Free Draw is open to (i) any new member who buys a National Art Pass by Direct Debit prior to 30 April 2018 quoting the unique code belonging to an existing member; and (ii) any existing member whose unique code is quoted by a new member buying a National Art Pass by Direct Debit prior to 30 April 2018.
How to enter
4. The Free Draw will open at 9.30am on 1 March, 2018 and close at 11.59pm on 30 April, 2018.
5. Entry to the Free Draw is free to those who are eligible to enter (see 3 above).
6. To enter the Free Draw:
A) New members must:
1. Give a unique code provided by an existing member
2. Enter the unique code on the webpage artfund.org/Picasso or write the unique code on the postal form provided
3. Purchase an individual National Art Pass with Direct Debit payment online or if by post purchase a Double, Family or Under 26 National Art Pass with Direct Debit via the returned form.
4. Not have an existing National Art Pass membership
B) Current members must:
1. Refer a new member who buys a National Art Pass by Direct Debit using the unique code provided
2. Be an active member at the time of the draw
7. Entries submitted by any other means will not be accepted. Any illegible, incomplete or fraudulent entries will be rejected. Multiple entries or entries that are made fraudulently will be disqualified.
How the winner will be chosen
8. One winner of the Free Draw and one reserve will be drawn at random within 30 working days from the closing date from all complete, eligible, properly submitted entries received before the closing date and time.
9. Winner will be notified using the telephone numbers and email address provided at the time of registration (or subsequently updated) within 10 working days of the draw being made. It is your sole responsibility to check and update your contact details held by us.
10. In the event that contact with the winner cannot be made within a further five working days or the winner is found not to meet the entry requirements, we reserve the right to withdraw the prize entitlement and award the prize to the reserve drawn at the same time as the original winner.
Prize on offer
11. The prize is a six-colour lithograph titled Deux Clowns drawn by Pablo Picasso and printed in Paris in 1954 by Fernand Moulot (74 x 54 cm). Published in an edition of 50, this numbered impression is signed by the artist and has never been framed. The print will be delivered to the winner unframed and Art Fund will, in discussion with the winner, make a contribution of up to £500 (inclusive of VAT) towards the cost of museum-standard framing.
12. No cash alternative will be offered and prizes are not transferable. We reserve the right to substitute the prize for a prize of equivalent or greater value if this is necessary for reasons beyond our reasonable control.
13. Failure to provide an address for delivery of the prize may result in forfeiture of the prize.
14. We reserve the right to amend these terms and conditions without notice, by posting changes at the following webpage: https://www.artfund.org/pages/terms-and-conditions
15. Art Fund reserves the right to modify, cancel, terminate or suspend the Free Draw in whole or in part, at its sole discretion, if it believes the Free Draw is not capable of being conducted as specified within these Terms and Conditions or in the event of any other cause that is beyond the reasonable control of Art Fund that could affect the normal course of the Free Draw.
16. Neither Art Fund nor any of its subsidiary or affiliated companies is responsible for any losses, failures or delays caused by events beyond its or their control such as (but not limited to) the acts or defaults of any supplier selected by Art Fund to provide the prize that may lead to loss or damage of the prize in transit to the winner.
17. Save where it has been negligent, Art Fund will not be responsible for any damage, loss or injury resulting from participants' entry into the Free Draw or their acceptance and/or use of the prize, or for technical or other difficulties of any kind that may limit or prohibit their ability to participate in the Free Draw. Nothing in these terms and conditions shall in any way limit Art Fund's liability for death or personal injury caused by its negligence or for any other matter where liability may not as a matter of law be limited.
18. Any participant who enters or attempts to enter the Free Draw in a manner, which in Art Fund's reasonable determination is contrary to these terms and conditions or by its nature is unjust to other entrants may be rejected from the Free Draw at Art Fund's sole discretion. Furthermore, where such actions have significantly impaired the Free Draw, Art Fund may, at its sole discretion, add further stages to the Free Draw as it deems reasonably necessary in order to resolve any problems arising as a result of such actions.
Publicity and Data Protection
22. By entering the Free Draw you agree that if you win you may be required to take part in reasonable publicity relating to the Free Draw, including photographs and video, and consent to such participation. We may also use your name and a shortened version of your address (for example, John Smith from London) for promotional purposes on our website and elsewhere.
23. For one month from the closing date of the Free Draw, details of the winner will be made available to participants and the public on request by sending a letter and stamped addressed envelope to Supporter Care, Free Draw Winners Enquiries at Art Fund of 2 Granary Square, King’s Cross, London, N1C 4BH. Art Fund’s decisions in relation to the winner of the Free Draw are final and Art Fund will not enter into any further correspondence with participants.
24. The promoter of the Free Draw is the National Art Collections Fund (registered charity number 209174 (England and Wales) and SC038331 (Scotland)) of 2 Granary Square, King’s Cross, London, N1C 4BH and the Free Draw is governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of England and Wales and the Courts of England and Wales shall have sole jurisdiction over any dispute.