#MuseumFix monthly Instagram Competition
1. By entering the #MuseumFix Instagram monthly photography competition to win a bespoke tote bag designed by Malika Favre (top 20 entries) and the winner’s submission featured on Art Fund’s feed (the “Competition”) - you accept the terms and conditions below. Please read them carefully.
2. Entry is open to residents of Great Britain, who are over the age of 18, except employees or contractors of the Art Fund or members of their immediate family, or anyone professionally connected with the Competition. We reserve the right to require any participant to prove that he or she is eligible to participate in the Competition.
3. You must have a social media account on Instagram and be following @artfund to participate.
How to enter
4. The Competition will open at 9.00am on Tuesday 14 February 2020 and close at 12.00pm on 29 January 2020.
5. To enter the Competition, you must:
5.1. Have an Instagram account so that we can communicate with you should your entry be successful. Take a photo that encapsulates the monthly theme at a museum/ gallery or historic house that is a National Art Pass venue.
5.2. Post photo entry tagging Art Fund’s Instagram handle @artfund and using the competition’s hashtag #museumfix within the date the theme was announced and competition’s closing date on @artfund’s Instagram account.
5.3. Post all responses to the theme before the last day of the month.
6. Entries will be displayed in a weekly categorised story.
7. Anyone found to use multiple Instagram accounts to enter will be ineligible to receive a prize.
8. Entries submitted by any other means will not be accepted. Any illegible, incomplete or fraudulent entries will be rejected.
9. Multiple photo entries to a single theme will be accepted.
10. The cost of one entry into a Competition is the cost of one ticket. Entries that are made fraudulently will be disqualified.
How the winner will be chosen
11. Art Fund will consider all competition entries and will select 20 runner ups including the winner using the following criteria:
12.Entrants who fit the brief and respond to the theme posted and conform to the entry process in section 5 of these Terms and Conditions.
13. Winners will be notified by Direct Message on Instagram to the Instagram handle used to enter within 10 working days of Art Fund’s decision being made. It is your sole responsibility to check and update your contact details held by us.
14. In the event that contact with the winner cannot be made within a further 5 working days or the winner is found not to meet the entry requirements, we reserve the right to withdraw the prize entitlement and award the prize to the reserve selected at the same time as the original winner.
Prizes on offer
15. There are 240 prizes on offer – A bespoke tote bag designed by artist Malika Favre.
15.1. The first prize is: A Malika Favre designed tote bag and the winners post featured on Art Fund Instagram feed.
15.2. The runner up prize is: A Malika Favre designed tote bag and entry to be featured in a pinned round up story on Art Fund’s Instagram account.
16. No cash alternative will be offered and prizes are not transferable. We reserve the right to substitute a prize for a prize of equivalent or greater value if this is necessary for reasons beyond our reasonable control.
17. The prizes do not include any travel, accommodation or delivery costs incurred by the winner in order to claim and enjoy the prize
18. Prizes are subject to the prize suppliers’ terms and conditions.
19. Failure to provide an address for delivery of prizes may result in forfeiture of a prize.
20. By entering the Competition, you agree that we may make copies of your Competition entry and use these in reasonable publicity for this Competition and future Competitions that we run.
22. The Art Fund reserves the right to modify, cancel, terminate or suspend the Competition in whole or in part, at its sole discretion, if it believes the Competition is not capable of being conducted as specified within these terms and conditions or in the event of any other cause that is beyond the reasonable control of the Art Fund that could affect the normal course of the Competition.
23. Neither the Art Fund nor any of its subsidiary or affiliated companies is responsible for any losses, failures or delays caused by events beyond its or their control such as (but not limited to) the acts or defaults of any supplier selected by the Art Fund to provide the prize that may lead to loss or damage of the prize in transit to the winner.
24. Save where it has been negligent, the Art Fund will not be responsible for any damage, loss or injury resulting from participants' entry into the Competition or their acceptance and/or use of the prize, or for technical or other difficulties of any kind that may limit or prohibit their ability to participate in the Competition. Nothing in these terms and conditions shall in any way limit the Art Fund's liability for death or personal injury caused by its negligence or for any other matter where liability may not as a matter of law be limited.
25. Any participant who enters or attempts to enter the Competition in a manner, which in the Art Fund's reasonable determination is contrary to these Terms and Conditions or by its nature is unjust to other entrants may be rejected from the Competition at the Art Fund's sole discretion. Furthermore, where such actions have significantly impaired the Competition, the Art Fund may, at its sole discretion, add further stages to the Competition as it deems reasonably necessary in order to resolve any problems arising as a result of such actions.
Personal data and publicity
27. By entering the Competition you agree that if you win you may be required to take part in reasonable publicity relating to the Competition, including photographs and video, and consent to such participation. We may also use your name and a shortened version of your address (for example, John Smith from London) for promotional purposes on our website and elsewhere.
28. For one month from the closing date of the Competition, details of the winner will be made available to participants and the public on request by sending a letter and stamped addressed envelope to Museum Fix Competition Winners Enquiries at the Art Fund of 2 Granary Square, King’s Cross, London, N1C 4BH. The Art Fund’s decisions in relation to the winner of the Competition are final and the Art Fund will not enter into any further correspondence with participants.
29. The promoter of the Competition is the National Art Collections Fund (registered charity number 209174 (England and Wales) and SC038331 (Scotland)) of 2 Granary Square, King’s Cross, London, N1C 4BH and the Competition is governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of England and Wales and the Courts of England and Wales shall have sole jurisdiction over any dispute.