#Artfulchallenge Instagram competition
We’re looking for the colourful, the calm and the flat-out weird in museum moments across the UK, and who better to find them than our #WeAreArtful community?
Introducing the #ArtfulChallenge Instagram competition. Get involved and you could win a Polaroid OneStep+ i-Type camera, with seven features from light painting to double exposure to help you capture even more creative moments.
How to enter
Complete the three challenges below at a museum, gallery or historic house and tag their location. Roll your three photos into one Instagram post using #ArtfulChallenge #StudentArtPass so we can find your entry, and enter before midnight on Sunday 10 March.
1. GET WEIRD: Capture the weirdest thing in the space
2. FIND HEADSPACE: Capture the most chilled-out moment, view or space
3. ROY.G.BIV: Look for the most colourful scene + capture all the colours of the rainbow
We’ll select the five winners who’ve best stepped up to meet each challenge. Good luck!
#Artfulchallenge Instagram competition terms and conditions
1. The #Artfulchallenge Instagram competition is not sponsored, endorsed or administered by Instagram. All the information you are providing will be to Art Fund and not to Instagram.
2. By entering the #Artfulchallenge Instagram competition to win a Polaroid OneStep+ i-Type camera and an i-Type Core Film Triple Pack (the “Competition”) - you accept the terms and conditions below. Please read them carefully.
3. Entry is open to residents of Great Britain, who are over the age of 18, except employees or contractors of the Art Fund or members of their immediate family, or anyone professionally connected with the Competition. We reserve the right to require any participant to prove that he or she is eligible to participate in the Competition.
4. You must have a valid Student Art Pass to participate.
How to enter
5. The Competition will open at 4pm on Monday 18 February and close at midnight on Sunday 10 March.
6. To enter the Competition you must:
6.1. Have a public Instagram account so that we can find your entry.
6.2. Enter before midnight on Sunday 10 March.
6.3. Complete all three challenges below at a UK museum, gallery or historic house:
6.3.1. GET WEIRD: Photograph the weirdest thing in the space
6.3.2 FIND HEADSPACE: Photograph the most chilled out moment, view or space
6.3.3 ROY.G.BIV: Photograph the most colourful scene + capture all the colours of the rainbow
6.4. Roll your three photos into one Instagram post and use #Artfulchallenge #StudentArtPass in the caption so we can find your entry.
To do this:
6.4.1. Open the Instagram app on your phone. If you do not have the Instagram app you can download it for free from Google Play or the App Store.
6.4.2. Start creating a new Instagram post by hitting the plus sign at the bottom of the screen.
6.4.3. In the ‘Library’, ‘Photo’ or ‘Video’ options presented at the bottom of the screen, select ‘Library’ and then ‘Select multiple’. You can then tap the three photos from your phone’s photo library or gallery that you want to include in your entry.
6.4.4. You will then be asked what filter you would like to use – this is up to you!
6.4.5. You will then be asked to ‘Write a caption’. To make a valid entry you must use #Artfulchallenge and #StudentArtPass in the caption.
6.4.6. Underneath ‘Write a caption’ you can also ‘Add location’. Select ‘Add location’ and add the museum, gallery or historic house here. If you can’t find them listed, you can hashtag their full name instead and this will still count as a valid entry.
7. If you are unable to use Instagram, please email your three photos to email@example.com with ‘#Artfulchallenge entry’ in the subject line.
8. Entries submitted by any other means will not be accepted. Any illegible, incomplete or fraudulent entries will be rejected.
How the winner will be chosen
9. 5 winners and 10 reserves will be selected by Art Fund from all correct, eligible, properly submitted entries received before the closing date and time within 10 working days of the closing date. Winners will be selected based on how thoroughly and creatively they have met each challenge.
10. Winners will be notified using by Instagram Direct Message from Art Fund’s Instagram account or by email if you entered via email within 5 working days of the winner selection being made. It is your sole responsibility to check your Instagram Direct Messages or email inbox to see if you have won.
11. In the event that contact with the winner cannot be made within a further five working days or the winner is found not to meet the entry requirements, we reserve the right to withdraw the prize entitlement and award the prize to the reserve selected at the same time as the original winner.
Prizes on offer
12. There is one prize on offer for each of the five winners: a Polaroid OneStep+ i-Type Camera worth £149.99 and an i-Type Core Film Triple Pack worth £42.99.
13. No cash alternative will be offered and prizes are not transferable. We reserve the right to substitute a prize for a prize of equivalent or greater value if this is necessary for reasons beyond our reasonable control.
14. The prizes include delivery costs to UK addresses of up to £50.
15. Prizes are subject to the prize suppliers’ terms and conditions.
16. Failure to provide an address for delivery of prizes may result in forfeiture of a prize.
17. We reserve the right to amend these terms and conditions without notice, by posting changes at the following webpage: https://www.artfund.org/pages/terms-and-conditions
18. The Art Fund reserves the right to modify, cancel, terminate or suspend the Competition in whole or in part, at its sole discretion, if it believes the Competition is not capable of being conducted as specified within these terms and conditions or in the event of any other cause that is beyond the reasonable control of the Art Fund that could affect the normal course of the Competition.
19. Neither the Art Fund nor any of its subsidiary or affiliated companies is responsible for any losses, failures or delays caused by events beyond its or their control such as (but not limited to) the acts or defaults of any supplier selected by the Art Fund to provide the prize that may lead to loss or damage of the prize in transit to the winner.
20. Save where it has been negligent, the Art Fund will not be responsible for any damage, loss or injury resulting from participants' entry into the Competition or their acceptance and/or use of the prize, or for technical or other difficulties of any kind that may limit or prohibit their ability to participate in the Competition. Nothing in these terms and conditions shall in any way limit the Art Fund's liability for death or personal injury caused by its negligence or for any other matter where liability may not as a matter of law be limited.
21. Any participant who enters or attempts to enter the Competition in a manner, which in the Art Fund's reasonable determination is contrary to these Terms and Conditions or by its nature is unjust to other entrants may be rejected from the Competition at the Art Fund's sole discretion. Furthermore, where such actions have significantly impaired the Competition, the Art Fund may, at its sole discretion, add further stages to the Competition as it deems reasonably necessary in order to resolve any problems arising as a result of such actions.
Personal data and publicity
23. By entering the Competition you agree that if you win you may be required to take part in reasonable publicity relating to the Competition, including photographs and video, and consent to such participation. We may also use your name and a shortened version of your address (for example, John Smith from London) for promotional purposes on our website and elsewhere.
24. For one month from the closing date of the Competition, details of the winner will be made available to participants and the public on request by sending a letter and stamped addressed envelope to #Artfulchallenge Instagram Competition Winners Enquiries at the Art Fund of 2 Granary Square, King’s Cross, London, N1C 4BH. The Art Fund’s decisions in relation to the winner of the Competition are final and the Art Fund will not enter into any further correspondence with participants.
25. The promoter of the Competition is the National Art Collections Fund (registered charity number 209174 (England and Wales) and SC038331 (Scotland)) of 2 Granary Square, King’s Cross, London, N1C 4BH and the Competition is governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of England and Wales and the Courts of England and Wales shall have sole jurisdiction over any dispute.