Video: Five must-see New Year exhibitions
- 5 January 2017
As 2017 begins, it's time to put some new dates in the diary, so here's what art historian Jacky Klein has picked as her unmissable exhibitions of the season.
The art of revolutionary Russia, the subtle abstractions of Vanessa Bell, a large-scale retrospective of David Hockney – the first part of the new year has so much to offer.
Jacky's top five art exhibitions:
1. Vanessa Bell, Dulwich Picture Gallery, 8 February to 4 June (50% off with National Art Pass)
2. Revolution: Russian Art 1917-32, Royal Academy, 11 February to 17 April (reduced price with National Art Pass)
3. Tony Cragg: A Rare Category of Objects, Yorkshire Sculpture Park, 4 March to 3 September (free to all)
4. David Hockney, Tate Britain, 9 February to 29 May (50% off with National Art Pass)
5. Creating the Countryside: 1600-2017, Compton Verney, 18 March to 18 June (50% off with National Art Pass)
For more inspiration browse our full range of exhibition listings and download our free Art Guide app. Enjoy 50% off admission price to major exhibitions and free entry to more than 220 museums and galleries across the UK with a National Art Pass.