1. To provide Art for All. George and Mary Watts believed passionately that art is for everyone, regardless of class, gender, ethnicity and age. Watts Gallery – Artists’ Village is committed to carrying on their legacy, not only with our creative learning programme but also with a new piece of public art.
2. To get a great reward! By donating to the campaign, you could receive exclusive rewards such as postcards, tote bags, limited edition prints by British artist and illustrator Peter Cross and bespoke lusterware tiles.
3. To help celebrate G F Watts’s 200th birthday. George Frederic Watts was born in 1817, making 2017 an important year for England’s greatest Victorian artist. Bringing Physical Energy to Watts Gallery - Artists’ Village will be the cherry on top of a massive year of celebrating England’s Michelangelo!
4. To celebrate Surrey’s unique artists' village, which Watts left behind for today's visitors, and create a lasting monument to the diverse cultural heritage of the South East…our very own Angel of the North!
5. To continue the regeneration of the Artists’ Village. Before it’s restoration in 2011, Watts Gallery had fallen into astonishing disrepair. Thanks to generous donations from the public, the gallery was saved for the nation along with Limnerslease, the Watts' beautiful Arts & Crafts house. Our engaging new museum space, Watts Studios, opened to the public in 2016, and Physical Energy will be one more unique element of our expansive creative village.
Thank you for your continued support.