1. 2018 marks the centenary of female suffrage, when women over 30 were able to vote for the first time. You can help us tell the stories of a group of brilliant women who history has ignored.
2. This exhibition will be the spiritual sequel to our hugely successful 2015 exhibition, The Fallen Woman, also funded by an Art Happens campaign. Whilst this examined the plight of desperate mothers, Ladies of Quality & Distinction will reveal how women used their power and influence to make a difference and help these mothers and babies when no one else would.
3. You can choose from a range of brilliant rewards, featuring an exclusive design by contemporary artist Matthew the Horse. You will not see his beautiful illustration, inspired by the Foundling Hospital story, anywhere else.
4. The Foundling Museum is a charity, we receive no core government funding, and it is only with the support of art lovers like you that we can tell these vital stories and realise our ambitious exhibition programme.
5. As well as being the UK’s first children’s charity, the support of William Hogarth, Thomas Gainsborough, Joshua Reynolds and a number of other 18th century artists also made the Foundling Hospital the UK's first public art gallery. Throughout its history, the Hospital married art with vital philanthropy, making a real and tangible difference. This is something that the Foundling Museum continues today.
Every single donation will make a real difference so thank you for your ongoing support.