1. The publication will document an extraordinary, innovative and unique project. fig-2 follows on from Jay Jopling and Mark Francis’ landmark fig-1 project in 2000. Staging 50 exhibitions in 50 weeks, all projects are interconnected and will only be visible as a whole once the publication is produced. This project is like no other and may not be repeated for another generation to come.
2. You’ll receive the catalogue for £45 rather than £50. Looking forward to buying the publication anyway? Support the campaign by buying the catalogue now and you’ll be saving money and raising money at the same time. There are also some other great rewards such as the fig-2 loyalty card poster, a limited edition by artist Hiraki Sawa and VIP drinks at the fig-2 closing party.
3. The publication captures contemporary art now. Over the 50 weeks the fig-2 programme has spanned visual arts, literature, science, fashion, design and performance, with contributors ranging from activists, architects and actors to dancers, sculptors, speakers and even a cybernetics expert. We will document an incredibly exciting and specific moment in contemporary art in way no other exhibition or publication can, demonstrating the breadth and variety of artists practicing now, in 2015.
4. You’ll get your name in lights... or print. Every single donor will get an online mention plus their name printed in the publication.
5. Artists are at the heart of this project. fig-1 included contributors such as the Chapman brothers, Grayson Perry, Bella Freud, Tacita Dean, Carsten Höller, Fiona Rae, Antony Gormley, Gilbert & George and Philip Treacy; many of which are now globally-recognised artists. fig-2 has exhibited work by a range of similarly experimental and ground-breaking artists and we can't wait to see what the future brings.
What are you waiting for? Pick a fantastic reward and help us reach our target. Thank you!