Student writing opportunity
Do you want to develop and showcase your talent as a writer and explore amazing cultural venues? Apply for our student writing opportunity and receive training, a £200 award and get published on artfund.org.
Would you like to learn new skills and inspire more people to make the most of art and culture in your city?
We’re looking for students to give us the lowdown on the ten cities below. If selected, you’ll be commissioned to write an Insider’s Guide for artfund.org, recommending places to visit with a Student Art Pass as well as other things to see and do along the way. We’ll provide training at Art Fund HQ, and you’ll be awarded £200 when the guide is ready to publish.
Interested? To apply, simply submit 200 words on the best place or places to visit in your chosen city and the surrounding area with a Student Art Pass and why. The deadline is midnight on Sunday 24 February 2019. We look forward to hearing from you.
Please note: we’ll be looking to expand our Insider’s Guides over the coming year, so if your city isn’t on the list don’t worry – there’ll be more opportunities to come.
- Confirmation you can attend the half-day training workshop from 10.30-13.30 on Friday 12 April 2019 in King's Cross, London. We’ll provide a breakfast buffet, so you don’t start on an empty stomach.
- Confirmation that after attending the half-day training workshop you agree to write an Insider’s Guide for publication on artfund.org
- Entry deadline: midnight Sunday 24 February 2019
- Show off your local knowledge and inspire others to get exploring
- We want your personality to come through in your writing, so don’t feel like you need to follow a particular style or tone, and don’t worry if you haven’t been published before. We want to hear your take on the place you love.
Apply now: https://artfund.typeform.com/to/Xr9d2J
Good to know
- The successful applicants will be notified on Friday 29 March 2019.
- Travel expenses for attending the half-day training workshop will be covered up to the value of £100 for those residing outside of central London, and up to £12 for those in London.
- We aim for the Insider’s Guides to be published between May and August 2019.
To be eligible to apply you must:
- Own a valid Student Art Pass
- Write your entry in your own words about venues where you have used your Student Art Pass
- Be available for the half-day training workshop on Friday 12 April 2019 from 10.30-13.30