We run fundraising campaigns to ensure important works of art remain on public display for all to see.
We're fundraising to save the incredible Wedgwood Collection – a unique archive spanning 250 years of British history and art. Donate now!
Our appeal with the National Portrait Gallery to secure Van Dyck’s magnificent final self-portrait for the nation has been a huge success. The painting now hangs in the Gallery's permanent collection, and will be touring the UK.
Yinka Shonibare MBE's sculpture can now be enjoyed at its permanent home at the National Maritime Museum, Greenwich.
We joined forces with the National Trust to buy Pieter Brueghel the Younger's The Procession to Calvary for Nostell Priory.
This extraordinary discovery of over 52,000 silver and bronze coins now belongs to the Museum of Somerset.
A massive £3.3m was raised to secure the largest archaeological Anglo-Saxon find ever unearthed for Birmingham and Stoke.
Extreme Unction is a work of huge artistic, historical and cultural importance to the UK. Thanks to the success of our £3.9 million fundraising campaign with the Fitzwilliam Museum, the masterpiece has been secured for the national collection.
More than 11,000 people helped buy JMW Turner's outstanding watercolour for the Tate Collection in 2007.
Official war artist Steve McQueen, collaborated with 160 families who lost loved ones in Iraq to create this project.
We joined forces with Tate to buy the first preparatory sketch made by Rubens for his magnificent scheme of ceiling paintings in the Banqueting House, Whitehall.
Rodin attended the 10th anniversary meeting of the Art Fund in 1913 at which this acquisition was unveiled. In 1999 a campaign was announced to undo years of inadequate maintenance as well as vandalism.
This remarkable medieval manuscript was bought for the Fitzwilliam Museum, Cambridge in 2005.
The total cost of this outstanding painting was raised in just one month for the National Gallery in 1909.
The Art Fund's first ever campaign was for Velazquez's masterpiece and has been owned by the National Gallery since 1906.