A pair of fountains from Trafalgar Square erected 1845, red granite from Peterhead Quarry, Aberdeenshire, made by McDonald and Leslie Aberdeen to Sir Charles Barry's design.
- Red granite Dimensions: 232 cm
- Art Fund grant:
- £200 ( Total: £200)
- Acquired in:
- Crowthers of Syon Lodge
An alternative to much larger fountains in Barry's design for Trafalgar Square. Presented to the Government of Canada through the National Gallery of Canada, and now under the custody of the National Capital Commission. One was erected in Confederation Park, Ottowa, as a memorial to Lt Col. John By; the other is in the Wascana Centre, Regina, Saskatchewan.
From Trafalgar Square.