Use of this site is provided by the National Art Collections Fund (The Art Fund) subject to the following Terms and Conditions:
1. Your use constitutes acceptance of these Terms and Conditions as at the date of your first use of the site.
2. The Art Fund reserves the right to change these Terms and Conditions at any time by posting changes online. Your continued use of this site after changes are posted constitutes your acceptance of this agreement as modified.
3. You agree to use this site only for lawful purposes, and in a manner which does not infringe the rights, or restrict, or inhibit the use and enjoyment of the site by any third party.The Art Fund may suspend, block or terminate your access to this site, or take down any content you have uploaded to the site.
4. To the full extent permitted by law, in no event will The Art Fund be liable for any damages including, without limitation, indirect or consequential damages, or any damages whatsoever arising from the use or in connection with such use or loss of use of the site, whether in contract or in negligence. You agree to indemnify The Art Fund for any expenses, losses, liabilities or costs incurred and any claims or legal proceedings which are brought or threatened against The Art Fund, in each case arising from your use of the website.
5. The Art Fund does not warrant that the functions contained in the material contained in this site will be uninterrupted or error free, that defects will be corrected, or that this site or the server that makes it available are free of viruses or bugs or represents the full functionality, accuracy and reliability of the materials. All implied warranties and undertakings are excluded to the maximum extent permitted by law.
6. Copyright restrictions
Reproduction or publication (in whatever form) of all or any item (including all images) displayed is strictly prohibited. Nothing contained herein shall be construed as conferring any licence by The Art Fund to use any item displayed.
Copyright in all materials and/or works comprising or contained within this website remains with The Art Fund and/or with copyright owners as specified. The Art Fund is committed to respecting the intellectual property rights of others and has taken all reasonable efforts to ensure that the reproduction of images on The Art Fund website is done with the full consent of copyright owners and that a copyright owner is duly acknowledged in any such reproduction.
You shall not create a hypertext link to the site or "frame" the site, except with the express advance permission of The Art Fund.
7. This site contains links to sites operated by parties other than The Art Fund. Such sites are not under Art Fund control and The Art Fund is not responsible for their contents or any links they may contain. The inclusion of any link by The Art Fund does not imply any endorsement of the material on such sites or any association with the operators of such sites. Neither The Art Fund nor any of its Committee, staff or agents will be liable for damages arising out of or in connection with such sites.
8. Any communication or material that you transmit to, or post on, any public area of The Art Fund site including any data, questions, comments, suggestions, or the like, is, and will be treated as, nonconfidential and nonproprietary information. Postings which are defamatory, libellous, slanderous, obscene, threatening, abusive or which violate the copyright, trademark, or privacy interest of any person or entity, or you know contain a virus or corrupt data or which contain material which infringes any laws, are prohibited. Participants in Art Fund forums agree not to hold The Art Fund responsible for any violations of forum rules by forum participants. Views and opinions offered by individual subscribers are encouraged, but are not necessarily those of The Art Fund.
9. This site uses a secure server that implements secure sockets layer technology to protect your credit card information. The Art Fund cannot be responsible for any losses you may incur in transmitting information to us by internet link or by email. Any such loss shall not be borne either wholly or partly by us, and shall be entirely your responsibility.
10. Use of information
The Art Fund is committed to protecting your privacy. The Art Fund collects the following information regarding visitors to its website: IP address, information regarding what pages are accessed and when, and any information volunteered by you, such as survey information, and personal details in registering for email bulletins. Your information may be collected by means of a cookie - a small file commonly used to allow websites to 'remember' visitor details where appropriate.
The Art Fund may use your details for its marketing purposes and to send you marketing literature. The Art Fund may make individual identifying information available to affiliated third parties, and to its agents for marketing purposes. If you would prefer us not to use your details in this way, please email us at email@example.com. From time to time, The Art Fund also agrees with other likeminded organisations to write to some of each other's supporters, for the mutual benefit of both.
You generally have the right to be supplied with a copy of the personal information that The Art Fund collects about you. Please contact The Art Fund if you would like a copy of this information.
11. These terms and conditions shall be governed and construed in accordance with the laws of England and Wales. Any disputes shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Courts of England and Wales.
12. If these Terms and Conditions are not accepted in full, the use of this site must be terminated immediately.
‘Find the Treasure’ Terms & Conditions
1. One dig site is equal to one 'pixel' and the minimum purchase is one 'pixel'. Each 'pixel' costs £5 and there is no restriction on the number of 'pixels' that you can buy, subject to there being sufficient pixels remaining available for sale at the time of your purchase.
2. When you 'buy' pixels, you will not 'own' any part of the Staffordshire Hoard.
3. You will not be entitled to any refund once your pixels have been purchased and you are not entitled to resell them.
4. Funds must be received in full and cleared before your pixels go live on the microsite.
5. If two or more people in the queue request the same pixel location on the microsite, the person who ordered first will have priority. Please allow 24 hours for your name to appear on the pixel(s) you have purchased.
6. You may ask us to remove your name from the microsite (email request to: firstname.lastname@example.org ) but you will not be entitled to a refund and the pixel(s) will become available for resale.
7. Should our campaign raise more or less than the sum needed to buy the Staffordshire Hoard, we will use the funds to save other works of art through The Art Fund.
8. You must not use borrowed, stolen, or forged payment methods to purchase any pixels. Should you do so, you agree to accept full responsibility for such action and to indemnify The Art Fund in respect of all actions, claims, damages, liability, fees, costs and expenses whatsoever that arise as a result of your actions.
9. We will do our best to keep this microsite problem free. There might be occasional downtime for site maintenance and for other reasons beyond our control and we will not be held liable for this.
10. The Art Fund is not responsible for the content of third party websites.
11. These terms and conditions are subject to change without notice.